Archives

Reply To: When all appears to be lost

Home Forums Questions about your relationship When all appears to be lost Reply To: When all appears to be lost

#6547 Reply
Highpockets
Highpockets

It has now been 4 months since I started this post. I would like to think that my wife and I have been making progress but I really wonder. We have taken some trips together. I am treating her like a queen and this makes her happy and she feels important. We seem to be enjoying each other’s company. But, every couple of weeks something happens to set us so far off track and so far backwards that we seem to back at the beginning.  I am at a complete loss. This last setback was something in my credit cards that I had failed to disclose.  I may think that something is trivial but in her mind it is monumental. She is so incredibly hurt and goes into that dark place easily. Once she is there, recovery is a challenge. When she is upset she won’t let me hold her or touch her. Her anger is substantial and prolonged. I love her so much but I fear that I will lose her through these setbacks. I don’t know if I have the capability to be who I need to be during this rodeo ride. I try so hard but it may not be enough. We go to counselling but she is considering scrapping it because in her mind it is fruitless. I will take any direction to help me reach her.

Yes No